The Requirements Excellence Framework™ augments an organization’s existing project management and systems developments processes, bringing a much-needed focus to the developing and managing of a business’s requirements. It provides guidance to business analysts by providing valuable content on how to perform business analysis activities and how to develop and manage good requirements.
The Requirements Excellence Framework™ which was developed using industry best practices and input from industry experts, focuses on four key areas, ensuring that all information regarding a business’ protocols, operations, procedures, and staff needs are defined, maintained, and accurate, so that when innovation is ignited and opportunity knocks, a business can move ahead effectively.
Requirements Excellence Framework is built for business analysts and stakeholders. See the value from a Business Analysis Perspective.
Requirements Knowledge Management
The Requirements Excellence Framework lets users document and share critical knowledge that impacts requirements, including business rules, business processes, stakeholder profiles, and specific product or project information. With the framework, users can collect this data once and refer to it over and over, for project after project. The software keeps track of requirement histories, and easily can be kept updated and added to.
The framework is also a how-to guide for gathering information about projects, including the vision, objectives, and scope. It provides guidelines for performing business process and stakeholder analyses, and developing plans for defining, measuring, and even “tagging” requirements based on their impact, value, and priority.
Unlike other requirements management solutions, the Requirements Excellence Framework™ assumes stakeholder collaboration is the key to success. Based on this, it provides useful techniques to optimize stakeholder participation and support throughout the project lifecycle. The Requirements Excellence Framework™ shows users how to elicit needs from stakeholders, analyze them, and document and development them into a set of functional and supplemental requirements that IT teams can understand and use.
The Requirements Excellence Framework™ recognizes that requirements should be incorporated throughout the entire project lifecycle and traced from approval through design, system testing, user acceptance testing, post-implementation support, and project retrospectives. The framework allows users to “bundle” related requirements and apply change controls to the entire group.
A Structured Set of Information and Tools
Requirements Excellence Framework™ delivers this information in easy-to-assess formats that let users quickly assimilate the knowledge and put it to work for better requirements.
- Provide guidance on performing activities for requirements knowledge management, requirements planning, requirements development, and requirements management
- Give users tools for acquiring stakeholder insight
- Available in online searchable documents
- Let users deep dive into technicalities of methods covered in the General Guides (e.g., Use Cases)
- Help users learn the functionality of Enfocus Requirements Suite™ tools and resources
- Empower users to study effective ways to improve the success of their organizations
- Available in online searchable documents and downloadable, comprehensive, multi-page manuals
- Provide snapshot overviews of methods, practices and techniques described in the General and Technical Guides. (e.g., Balanced Scorecards, Mind Maps, Value Stream Maps)
- Offer quick explanations of how techniques are executed from beginning to end
- Ideal for guidance in modifying existing methods or adding to personal knowledge
- Available online and in one- or two-page downloadable documents
- Help users understand how the Requirements Excellence Framework™ can be applied to specific methods of development (e.g., agile, waterfall)
- Feature interactive Mind Maps with expandable and collapsible fields that let users visualize and explain processes
- Allow for easy-to-understand and engaging documentation
- Downloadable with Adobe Reader application
- Coming soon – a downloadable file that lets users customize process maps for their own environments
- Ensure that vital characteristics of best practices are not left out of a project
- Contains important questions to ask at any point of the project lifecycle
- Downloadable and fully revisable
- Help users document and present material accurately and professionally
- Save hours in writing and design time
- Ensure important information is not omitted
- Downloadable and fully revisable