Service Design Fundamentals - Register Now!
April 15th 2014 at 1 PM Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)
IT service management (ITSM) is widely adopted by IT infrastructure and operations (I&O) organizations around the globe. ITSM is being used to help deliver better technology services faster, and at less cost. ITIL v3 (and now ITIL 2011) was a game changer and extended the scope of ITSM from 10 to 28 processes. The introduction of the service catalog significantly changed how ITIL services were requested, provisioned, and delivered. Many organizations are beginning to apply ITSM practices to the management of applications as well. Some organizations are using the concepts to managed shared services.
One of the key problems for ITSM is how to define and design services that are done in the Service Strategy and Service Design processes. Many organizations have created a service catalog, but ITIL service strategy and service design processes goes way beyond this. In this webinar, John Parker will describe current best practices for defining a service. The concepts can be applied to any type of service including an IT service, a shared service, and a service provided to an external customer. The following topics will be addressed:
- Service strategy and design concepts and terms
- Defining a service
- Defining service components
- Identifying business requirements, drivers, and impacts
- Discovering and defining service features
- Understanding customer needs using personas
- Discovering user activities using scenarios
- Linking services to business processes
- Designing for availability, capacity, continuity, and security
- Defining Service Level Requirements
- Creating and maintaining the Service Design Package (SDP)
After attending the webinars, attendees will have a much better understanding of service design principles and be able to apply this knowledge to define better services that meet customer needs.
- Requirements: The old and the new way 3/25/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Business Analysis is a Process, Not a Role 3/11/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Business Change is the Biggest Risk: A Guide for Project Managers and Business Analysts 2/26/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- KPIs for Agile Project Managers and Business Analysts 2/20/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Project Management is about Managing Value not Tasks 2/11/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Dual-Track Agile 2/4/14 by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Business Analysis for Project and Product Managers 1/16/14 by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions.
- Product Design in an Agile Environment – A Guide for Product Managers 1/8/14 by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions.
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS – IT’S TIME FOR A CHANGE by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions.
- REQUIREMENTS REPOSITORIES AND REUSABILITY by Keith Ellis.
- BUSINESS ARCHITECTURE – THE BRIDGE TO SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions.
- CULTURE, MANAGEMENT, PROCESSES AND TOOLS by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions and Karl Wiegers, Principal Consultant with Process Impact.
- DO YOU MEASURE YOUR BAS CORRECTLY? MAKE SURE YOUR BAS SUCCEED! by Paul Mulvey.
- IS YOUR CENTER OF EXCELLENCE MISSING ITS CENTER? by Keith Ellis.
- ADAPTING THE PM & BA ROLE FOR COMPLEX PROJECTS by Kitty Hass, PMP and author.
- FROM PROCESS MODELS TO REQUIREMENTS by Deepak Singh, President of AccuProcess and John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions.
- THE ART OF ELICITATION by Joy Beatty, Vice President of Research and Development at Seilevel and Keith Ellis.
- USE CASES FOR REQUIREMENTS TESTING — FACTS AND FOLLIES by Robin Goldsmith, author of Discovering Real Business Requirements for Software Project Success and other books.
- HOW TO KICK OFF A KILLER KICK-OFF by Keith Ellis..
- GET AGILE – What You Need to Know about Agile Requirements for Enterprise Projects by John Parker, CVO at Enfocus Solutions, Inc.
- UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX REGULATIONS by Mack Frankfurter.
- THE BEST LANGUAGE IN WHICH TO COMMUNICATE by guest speaker Thea Rasins, a senior business analyst, consultant, and educator for companies nationwide.
- TACTICS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT by Keith Ellis.
- NO MORE LAME CONFERENCE CALLS by guest speaker Byron Van Arsdale, author of No More Lame Conference Calls – 6 Principles You Need to Lead Great Meetings.
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS STANDARDIZATION – A STRATEGIC MANDATE by John Parker, CVO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- LOWERING REQUIREMENTS RISK by Keith Ellis.
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS FUNDAMENTALS FOR PROJECT MANAGERS by John Parker, Chief Visionary Officer of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- SOLUTION ASSESSMENT AND VALIDATION by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- BREAKING THE STAKEHOLDER INVOLVEMENT BARRIER: Techniques for Business Analysts to Improve Stakeholder Engagement on Technology Projects by Keith Ellis.
- COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR STAKEHOLDERS by Keith Ellis.
- IMPROVE BUSINESS PERFORMANCE AND INNOVATION THROUGH CREATING A BA CENTER OF EXCELLENCE on ModernAnalyst.com by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- WHY WON’T THEY USE YOUR GREAT APP? by guest speaker Tom Evans, Principal at Lûcrum Marketing.
- AVOID CREEP — DISCOVER THE REAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS by guest speaker Robin Goldsmith, author of Discovering Real Business Requirements for Software Project Success and other books.
- THE ART OF WRITING A BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT (BRD) by guest speaker Kelly Burroughs, owner of Swift Kick Communications.
- BOOST YOUR ROI WITH BETTER BUSINESS ANALYSIS on BATimes.com by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS REQUIRES MORE THAN JUST REQUIREMENTS by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- DELIVER MAXIMUM VALUE THROUGH BUSINESS ANALYSIS on ModernAnalyst.com by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- THE RULES OF REQUIREMENTS by Scott Sehlhorst of Tyner Blain.
- GET AGILE — WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AGILE REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERPISE PROJECTS by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.
- PRODUCT OVERVIEW — INTRODUCTION TO ENFOCUS REQUIREMENTS SUITE by John Parker, CEO of Enfocus Solutions Inc.